Thursday, May 31, 2012

Blogging Basics for Fund Raising & Non-Profits

Tonight I am participating in a social media roundtables networking event being hosted by the Association of Fundraising Professionals' Young Professionals here in Saint Louis. I am hosting a table on "Blogging"

Here are some of my favorite blogs about fund raising and non-profit marketing:
Beth Kantor's Blog for Non-Profits 
The Agitator
The Fundraising Coach
GettingAttention.org
Katya's Non-Profit Marketing Blog
Nonprofit Marketing Guide


Here are some of the best non-profit blogs, from my experience:
Feeding America
American Red Cross
The Salvation Army
Holland Bloorview Childrens Rehabilitation Hospital
Operation Blessing
World Vision
Refugees International

I also produced a one-page Blogging Basics guide to hand out at tonight's eveng. It includes:
  • Stats on why blogging is an effective medium for businesses and organizations
  • Style and Tone best practices
  • What to include in a social media policy for your team
  • Blogging "Musts"
  • How to motivate bloggers
  • Great content ideas
You can also take a look at my presentation on Social Media for Non-Profits:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! I really appreciate the conversation. -Erin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...